Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and growing school in the Gungahlin area of Canberra. We are a welcoming school community dedicated to a holistic approach to teaching and learning that enables each child to acheive their full potential.
Our Belief Statement
To be together the heart of God through:
- Connected Hearts: As a caring community, we welcome diversity and reach out to others.
- Inspired Minds: As a collaborative community, we inspire learning to ensure sustainable growth.
- Flourishing Students: As a dynamic community, we build identity and resilience to nourish wellbeing.
Our School Logo
Deeply planted in the land of the Aboriginal people, our Good Shepherd bends towards all people in a gesture of loving welcome. Each one is personally blessed and known by name. Children and adults are drawn into this nurturing, nourishing, supportive, protective and compassionate love of the One who keeps all in view.
In this close companionship, the Good Shepherd reminds us that we too are to care for each other, to look after each other, to bend towards one another in comfort and support To Be Together The Heart of God.
We are blessed and privileged to have the Holy Spirit Parish Team. Fr Mark Croker as an integral member of our school community. Our school has been built on the vision of home, school and parish growing together. The Holy Spirit Parish Team leads our community and directly supports the school through:
- Participation in staff development
- Participation in school community prayer and sacraments
- Classroom visits
- The sacraments and rituals which celebrate children’s experiences
- Spiritual support for families
- Leadership of and support for the Sacramental Programs
- Parenting courses
- Prayer and practical support
Prayer plays an integral role at Good Shepherd as it is the way we communicate with God our Father and Creator, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit who leads our lives. Each morning we pray our school prayer:
God who loves us all,
Help us to be like Jesus the Good Shepherd.
May we be your hands, eyes, voice and feet to all we meet.
Guide us each day to live the Golden Rule
so together we are the Heart of God in Amaroo.
Bless our school community with your love,
As a Catholic Christian community it is necessary that we ask God for help everyday. The staff and every class pray each day to stay in constant communication with God our Father.