At Good Shepherd Amaroo we value and welcome parental participation throughout the year. All volunteers to ACT schools must provide the school with their current Working with Vulnerable People card and sign in each time they are volunteering.
Opportunities to volunteer include:
- Community Events
- Community Council
School Banking takes place at Good Shepherd on Thursdays each week. School Banking accounts can be opened at any Commonwealth Bank. Please ask to open a Youthsaver account for school banking. Take in identification for you and your child (such as drivers license and birth certificate) and you will receive your Dollarmites wallet on the spot. If you are a Commonwealth Bank customer with Netbank you have the option to open the account online as well.
Using the Qkr! app
Payments for non school fee items and events can be made through the Qkr! app. This app is available for you to download for free to you rmobile device. At Good Shepherd this app is used to pay for items such as:
- school sporting events and carnivals,
- Sacramental program payments,
- second hand uniform payments,
- Community Council events eg: Mother's Day/Father's Day stall etc
- canteen orders.
Register or sign in using this link https://qkr.mastercard.com/store/#/home
As part of their pastoral care program for students, Catholic Schools have access to a Student and Family Counselling service provided by Catholic Care Canberra & Goulburn (CCG). CCG are contracted by Catholic Education and Congregational Schools to provide a counselling service to students and their families. There is no fee to access this service. Counsellors can be contacted directly in person at the school, through the school front office or staff or through the CCG Red Hill office on (02) 6162 6100.
The role of the Chaplain is work with all students, carers, families and staff to provide social and emotional support to actively promote student well being. Good Shepherd's School Chaplain is Mrs Prisca Chimiti who can be contacted via our front office on 02 62557888 (Mon - Wed 9.00am - 2.00pm)
Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School has a Parent’s library found within the administration block for parents to access a variety of information material. The Parent’s library establishment is for a variety of reasons:
- To ensure parents have fair access to information material that responds to the social wellbeing needs of the school community.
- Offer information that matches the demographics for our school community
- The library will help connect families with information material to help make informed decisions on issues such as mental health, guides to Child and Family Programs and service Centres within our local communities.
- Connecting families with information resources they need for, Before and After school cares services, school holiday programs and recreational places in our communities.
- The Parent’s library gives opportunities for socialization to both students and parents.
Parents or family’s engagement is important in the student’s primary school years and parent’s connection to the school relates to student’s academic success and their wellbeing.
The school welcomes feedback and suggestions from parents/carers. For more information contact the School Student Wellbeing Officer (Chaplain) on 02 62557888.